Gloucestershire's community help hub telephone number is live!
As you know, we must do all we can to help those in our communities that are likely to become more isolated as measures are put in place to delay the spread of Covid-19.
As you know, we must do all we can to help those in our communities that are likely to become more isolated as measures are put in place to delay the spread of Covid-19. There are some simple but effective things we can all do to help:
- Making sure they have enough food and other general supplies to cover a few days - there is no need to panic buy though
- Walking their dog, picking up a prescription, putting out their bins or taking in a parcel
- Phoning, Skyping of Facetime them so they can see a friendly face, helping to reduce their isolation
- Sharing child care or other caring responsibilities
- Checking if any of their planned appointments have been cancelled before they travel
- Making sure they have some simple recipes to hand, if they are not the normal chef or have done some batch cooking for the freezer
People can now register to the county's community help hub by calling 01452 583519 Monday to Friday between 8.30am and 5pm, as well as online at www.gloucestershire.gov.uk/helphub
To help coordinate all of the great work going on across the county and to make sure we do as much as possible for as many people as possible, they would really appreciate existing groups already working in an area to register via the hub.
You can sign up to pledge support as an individual, community group or business and request help for yourself or someone you know.
It’s important that we all continue to follow the national advice and guidance which can be found at www.nhs.uk