In response to COVID-19, the government has shared details of its grant funding package, which is available to eligible businesses across Tewkesbury Borough.
Tewkesbury Borough Council is asking eligible businesses to complete an online grant application form as soon as possible to ensure that payments can be made in the next few weeks. It will take business owners around five minutes to complete.
Businesses in the retail, hospitality and leisure sectors:
- The government announced cash grants of up to £25,000 for businesses in the retail, hospitality and leisure sectors.
- For businesses that were actively trading and occupying properties with rateable values of £15,000 or less the grant is expected to be £10,000.
- For businesses that were actively trading and occupying properties with rateable values between £15,000 and £51,000 the grant is expected to be £25,000.
Businesses in any sector receiving the small business rate relief:
- Businesses in receipt of small business rate relief on 11 March 2020 will receive a grant of £10,000. There are some exceptions:
- Properties which are occupied for personal use, e.g. private stables, beach huts and moorings will not qualify for a cash grant even if they are in receipt of relief.
- Properties where the liability is calculated using the small business multiplier but not in receipt of small business rate relief will not qualify for the grant.
The gov.uk website provides additional information relating to these measures.
There is also free support and advice available through Tewkesbury Growth Hub, including a range a of webinar advice sessions, for more info email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01684 272073.
If you need any further information or help with signposting to appropriate advice and support, call the Economic Development Team on 01684 272249 or email email@example.com